How do I use Remote Desktop?
Before you are able to connect to your work PC from home, you will need to enable remote access on your PC and to have it's IP address.
On your computer in your office
- Open Settings by clicking on the windows icon in the lower left and searching settings or by using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I
- In the Settings window, search "Remote Desktop Settings"
- Enable Remote Desktop using the toggle switch and confirm the setting. Remote Desktop is now enabled.
- You will now require your computer's IP Address. Google search "IP" and look for your public IP addresas. It will likely be a number beginning with 129.100.
Note: WTS is working remotely, so your PC must already be set up for Remote Desktop
On your computer at home:
- Open the Remote Desktop Connection Client by clicking on the windows icon in the lower left and searching "Remote Desktop Connecting".
- clicking Start and finding Remote Desktop in the listing.
- Log on to the remote computer
Published on and maintained in Cascade.