- What is Network Connect?
- What is Junos Pulse?
- How do I gain access to Western Remote Office Access Management system (WROAMs)?
- Drive mapping script doesn't run using Network Connect / Junos Pulse. Why not?
- What is the preferred browser for remote access?
- I don't have the Remote Desktop Client. Where do I get it?
- How can I tell what versions of Host Checker and Network Connect I have installed?
|Q.||What is Network Connect?||top|
The Network Connect option provides a VPN user experience. This feature supports all Internet-access modes, including dial-up, broadband, and LAN scenarios, from the client machine and works through client-side proxies and firewalls that allow SSL traffic.
When a user launches Network Connect traffic is transmitted to and from the client over the secure tunnel. When Network Connect runs, the client’s machine effectively becomes a node on the remote (corporate) LAN and becomes invisible on the user’s local LAN and the WROAMs Appliance serves as the Domain Name Service (DNS) gateway for the client.
|Q.||What is Junos Pulse?||top|
Junos Pulse for mobile devices enables authenticated access from mobile (handheld) devices to corporate applications such as corporate e-mail and the corporate intranet through Pulse Secure Access Service. The Pulse client software for mobile devices includes remote VPN capabilities
Each supported mobile device requires that the user install the Pulse app for the particular device type. The Pulse app is available as a free download from the app stores of the supported mobile devices. Pulse for mobile devices cannot be deployed directly from WROAMs service. The type of secure connectivity and the supported security features vary according to what is supported oneach mobile operating system.
Pulse is supported on the following mobile devices: • Junos Pulse for Apple® iOS • Junos Pulse for Google Android™ • Junos Pulse for BlackBerry® • Junos Pulse for Nokia® Symbian • Junos Pulse for Windows® Mobile
|Q.||How do I gain access to Western Remote Office Access Management system (WROAMs)?||top|
To gain access to this service, please complete a Corporate Data Access Form. Under Section III of the form, please check the box entitled Western ROAMs and follow the instructions regarding form submission. The form can be found at: https://www.uwo.ca/its/accounting/crpfrm.html
|Q.||My drive mapping script doesn't run using Network Connect / Junos Pulse. Why not?||top|
Automated drive mapping feature is not supported for Network Connect / Junos Pulse
|Q.||What is the preferred browser for remote access?||top|
See Supported Platforms for latest information.
|Q.||I don't have the Remote Desktop Client. Where do I get it?||top|
Remote Desktop Client can be found in the Downloads section.
|Q.||How can I tell what versions of Host Checker and Network Connect I have installed?||top|
[Windows] Click Start, Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs. Highlight Juniper Networks Host Checker/Network Connect and click on Click here for support information.
[OSx] Click About this Mac and select Software then select Applications. Scroll to Network Connect or Host Checker.
Do I... Use Remote Desktop Client to connect to my workstation?
- Click Start, Programs (All Programs), Accessories, Communications, Remote Desktop Connection.
- Enter the full workstation name or IP and click Connect.
- When the logon screen comes up enter your UWO username and password (making sure the Log on to: field shows UWO) then click OK.
Do I... Map a drive to the Cluster environment?
- Open a My Computer window and select Tools... Map Network Drive.
- Select a drive letter from the Drive: field, then enter
the correct path name in the Folder: field.
- Typical Cluster Paths:
- where dept is the department acronym (e.g. ITS for Information Technology Services)
- Typical Cluster Paths:
- Click Finish.
- How Do I... Use the Secure Meeting function?
- How Do I... Uninstall the Network Connect?
Remote Desktop Client (Windows 2000, XP, 2003)